FenceSentry™ – Distributed Acoustic Sensors
The FenceSentry series of Distributed Acoustic Sensors (DAS) are optimised for Perimeter Intrusion Detection (PIDS) and provides detection and location of intrusion events with minimal nuisance events and false alarms.
- Location of events to within 1m
- Based on single fiber optic sensing cable. No individual sensors, no metal or moving parts
- Robust and reliable instrumentation with no moving parts (fan free) and utilising high reliability telecom components
- Ability to react to precise location of event for rapid action and effective troubleshooting
- Easy to install and low cost of ownership with low ongoing maintenance costs
- High percentage system uptime (mean time betweenfailures > 19 years) giving complete coverage at all times
|FenceSentry 5||FenceSentry 10|
|Smart Zones||1000+ zone, fully configurable, independent of each other|
|Intelligent Classification Engines||Fence related intrusion alerts. Environmental noise reduction|
|Range (per unit)||5km||10km|
|Number of channels||1||2|
|Optical fiber type||G.652/ G.654 single mode optical fiber||FC/APC connector|
|Response Time||3 to 10 seconds|
|Power Consumption||20W average (40W Maximum)|
|Data Export||48 relays, TCP/IP , RS 485|
|Operating Temperature||0 – 40°C|
|Integration with security system||Integration with cameras (Onviv) and DVR (via Maxview for Fence)|
|Dimensions||431 x 132 x 384 mm (19” rack - 3U height)|
Approvals & Testing
Bandweaver is ISO 9001 certified and undergoes a rigorous continuous improvement program and tests all of its products to leading international standards
- Extensive environmental testing on all products
- Components to telecom standards > 25 years MTBF
- Products are designed for low maintenance and cost of ownership (e.g. fan free design..)
Bandweaver tests all of its equipment to the highest standards both based on internal specifications and guidelines and also to leading industry 3rd party standards. Bandweaver has extensive internal testing facilities but in addition we also test with internationally leading 3rd party test houses.
The Technology Principle
The Distributed Acoustic Sensor (DAS) measures the temperature along the fiber optic cable using a technique called Coherent Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (COTDR). The distributed acoustic sensor rapidly sends laser pulses into the fiber optic and measures the reflected light from the optical fiber sensing cable. The COTDR system returned scattered signal is mixed with a local oscillator and then filtered. By analyzing the returned light at the Rayleigh frequencies, the distributed acoustic sensing system is able to create a distributed acoustic (or vibration) measurement along the entire length of the fiber, effectively turning the telecoms cable into a continuous series of microphones.
System Integration – The Maxview Advantage
The FenceSentry system has an extremely flexible system architecture enabling it to integrate either
with Bandweaver’s Maxview SCADA software or with any 3rd party control systems.
With the loose coupling architecture of Maxview it can integrate multiple systems across multiple
sites with one coherent, customisable, easy to install user friendly interface